Health & Safety Manager
We are looking for a Health and Safety Manager who will drive a positive Health & Safety culture and is a true business partner to our operations.
The primary role of the Health and Safety Manager is to advise the Directors and Managers on all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations.
The Health and Safety Manager is designated responsibility by the Director responsible for health and safety to control and update this Safety Manual and to ensure that all Departments operate to the procedures and instructions.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- Elect and set up H&S representative meetings as per statutory requirements.
- Overall responsibility and compliance of the Company’s H&S, making sure staff are aware of
- the importance and follow safety protocol.
- Create and action plan with a 12 month focus which remedies focus areas and set up a strategy for 2-3 years to ensure as a group we are H&S compliant and promoting a positive H&S culture.
- Advise XPEDIATOR members on all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Implement practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting
- health and safety and safe working practices in the workplace.
- Develop and deliver target improvements in KPI’s including IFR, safety audit scores, training, and cost.
- Develop implement and group training matrix to support business entities with an effective training program in key skills and competencies.
- Conduct/organise relevant health and safety training for staff as required, including first aid and fire safety.
- Conduct all “risk assessments” as required by legislation and are reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
- Conduct & carryout internal and compliance audits of all the Group’s sites, report on findings and manage issue log through to completion.
- Carry out all risk assessments and special assessments for each of the Group’s sites as required by business, including display screen equipment, manual handling, lone working, forklift loading, pregnant workers, young workers etc.
- Co-ordinate and manage first aid and fire safety representatives for all the Group’s sites.
- To recommend & implement control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- To carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
- Advise the CEO of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports and documents as required.
- To identify areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by
- Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance. Arrange such training/certification once identified.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant.
- Bring to the attention of the Leadership Team any relevant new legislation.
- Attend such courses/seminars run by external sources to enable accurate interpretation of legislation to enable implementation within the organisation.
- Liaise with the Facilities Co-ordinator to establish contractor health & safety procedures.
- Immediately contact the Leadership Team if situations are found, that in the opinion of the
- H&S Manager require immediate rectification.
- Any other ad hoc health and safety duties as required.
- Support operational entities in maintaining & attainment of ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001) and 14001 standards
- Working knowledge of one functional area through job experience & training
- Likely to have 7-10 years business experience
- NEBOSH accredited
- Able to demonstrate Health and Safety mobilisations in PLC