Corporate Social Responsibility
As a Group it is incredibly important to us to support local causes and the wider communities.
Across our Group we support popular charity days including MacMillan, Save the Children, Great Ormound Street Hospital and Comic Relief, to name just a few.
A Transaid corporate member
As a corporate partner, we are also delighted to be supporters of Transaid, an international charity who transforms lives through safe, available, and sustainable transport.
Founded by Save the Children, The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), and its Patron, HRH The Princess Royal, the international development organisation shares 25 years’ worth of expertise in 23 countries with partners and governments – empowering people to build the skills they need to transform their own lives.
Together, with 35 other organisations, Xpediator contributes time, expertise and resources to help Transaid implement professional driver training programmes, transport management systems and provide rural access to transport in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Our Environmental Commitment
With transport and logistics being the second largest contributor towards global CO2 emissions, it is important that we have a positive environmental attitude and take on a share of responsibility to reduce carbon emissions arising from our activities.
As a Group we are committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this area:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirements.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Utilise electric counterbalances forklifts for warehouse operations.
- Installation of renewable energy sources on warehouse facilities.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company.
- Prioritise equipment and vehicles which minimise carbon emissions (Euro 6 equipment).