Xpediator Plc takes its environmental responsibilities very seriously and accepts that the basis of environmental concern is a healthy respect for others.
With the transport and logistics industry being one of the largest contributor towards global CO2 emissions our target is continuous improvement of environmental protection throughout the Group. It is important that we have a positive environmental attitude and take on a share of responsibility to reduce carbon emissions arising from our activities.
As a Group, we recognise the value of environmental protection and the need for climate protection, as a business it is our commitment to contribute to positive actions regarding Global environmental wellbeing.
The Group’s vision is to develop an environmentally sustainable freight forwarding and logistics network, that meets or exceeds the demands and standards of our customers and business partners.
Environmental protection is one of the corner stones of the Group’s business strategy, which is focused on the long-term creation of high levels of environmental performance, and the constant evaluation of that performance.
The company takes measures to prevent or minimise any environmental impact, and to manage responsibly those impacts that cannot be readily or completely eliminated. The company has made a commitment to abide by the current environmental regulations of every country it operates from, and to promote positive global environmental principles.
Our other significant Environmental Impacts are associated with the use of fuel, road traffic, disposal of waste and energy use. We are committed to reducing these negative impacts as far as possible and will:
- Comply with all country specific statutory regulations and other requirements relating to our operations
- Reduce transport miles by consolidation efficiencies and back load optimisation and shift to the most environmentally friendly mode of transport and vehicle equipment where feasible.
- Monitor our performance and strive for continual improvement and prevention of pollution
- Lead by example, striving to reduce our fuel use, energy consumption and minimise our waste disposed to landfill
- Prioritise equipment and vehicles which minimise carbon emissions.
- Utilise electric counterbalances forklifts for warehouse operations.
- Communicate our policy and requirements to all persons working for or on our behalf, including suppliers
The measure of the company’s environmental performance will be periodically recorded, and where required, an action plan agreed with senior management. Colleagues are motivated to behave environmentally responsibly during their everyday work activities.
Communication regarding environmental issues, changes in legislation and new developments between stake holders and colleagues is actively promoted and encouraged throughout the Group.