Grow your Business with Outsourced eCommerce Services
One of the great difficulties companies face can come a while after the efforts of designing and manufacturing a brilliant product; when they see big demand but the logistics and complications of fulfilling that demand are complex.
In order to grow your business it is imperative that you are constantly meeting the growing demand and needs of your customers. This is why outsourcing fulfilment may be of value to you and your business.
What is Outsourced Fulfilment?
The fulfilment of orders is a process which involves receiving an order from the customer, picking that order, packing and then dispatching it to be delivered. This process can be outsourced to logistics companies like Xpediator has within the Group. We will store your goods securely in warehousing and from here we will pick and pack the orders ready to be dispatched. We will then organise delivery to the customer as well.
So in what ways can outsourcing fulfilment help you as a company? We have outlined the main benefits below to demonstrate just how critical these operations are to the future of your company growth.
More Time to Develop Your Business:
By outsourcing the above processes you will eliminate the time needed to complete those tasks. When you add up the time used to pick and pack, post, deal with customer issues and returns and keep on top of stock control you are likely to have gained hours or even days for you and your team to use in other ways.
This is where outsourcing can really give you increased availability to focus on growing your business in other areas and free up your time to do some research and development, improve marketing plans or just have more free time to spend with loved ones or take a well deserved holiday.
Outsourcing is meant to help achieve economies of scale by increasing efficiency. This is done by:
- Storing in warehousing is cheaper when it is outsourced and much easier for you.
- Providing people to work in the warehouse and deal with customer service issues.
- We invest in the technology needed to manage warehousing so you don’t have to.
- Postage and Deliveries are more cost effective with outsourcing.
- Outsourcing offers the chance to use the cheapest, most sustainable but high quality packaging for your goods.
- You will also see savings during peak times such as Christmas as you won’t need to invest in more storage space, staff or technology to see you through those periods.
Scale your Business – Domestically and Internationally:
By using an outsourcing facility you will be in a great position to scale your company nationally and internationally. The support of outsourcing fulfilment will enable processes that help you to manage your inventory better, by scaling supply quickly to meet growing customer demand and avoid setbacks which can inevitably lead to business failures. Some fulfilment providers such as ourselves can provide a global network of warehouses which will then make the process of bringing your products overseas much simpler.
Keep your Customers Happy:
If you are able to meet the constant needs and demands of your customers then you are much more likely to retain them and keep them satisfied. Outsourced Fulfilment will give you the tools to keep them updated in real time about their order, and can give them a seamless and fuss free returns process.
Who Will Benefit from Outsourcing Fulfilment:
The real question with outsourcing is when to take that leap, and whether it is financially viable for your business. There are a number of ways to know when you are in need of support and it could be a number of the following:
- When you are receiving a consistent number of orders each day.
- You are running out of storage space.
- You are unable to fulfil customer service demands as you used to.
- You are losing track of stock control.
- Packing is taking up a lot of time.
- You’ve perhaps thought you need to hire more staff.
- You have distinct peak sale times.