- Import Services Limited
- Affinity Transport Solutions
- Anglia Forwarding
- Benfleet Forwarding Limited
- Delamode: Freight Forwarding Company
- Delamode: Logistics
- Easy Managed Transport (EMT)
- Pall-Ex Romania
- Regional Express Limited
The Xpediator Model
Click the wheel to learn about the fundamental principles behind Xpediator’s business model.
- Our Freight management and transportation services are in greater demand than ever before.
- Led by a strong committed and experienced management team Xpediator is able to take advantage of the current market trends across the UK, Europe and the fast growing CEE markets.
- With over 15,000 customers, Xpediator has a highly diversified customer base and no one customer generates more than 2% of Group turnover.
- Utilising its asset-light, scalable and risk adjusted business model, the Company has grown rapidly through a mix of acquisition-led and organic growth, particularly in its Baltic and Balkan divisions.
- For shareholders, the Board is focused on generating attractive returns through a mix of capital and dividend income growth.
Demand growth for transport
- There has been significant growth in demand for transportation services.
- An important driver of this has been the substantial increase in e-commerce and fulfilment activity – a key area of focus for the Group.
- Xpediator’s strong presence in the fast growing CEE markets continues to benefit from the regions’ improving economic prosperity.
- Additionally Brexit is expected to benefit the Group as current and new customers will seek the Group’s expertise and use of our EU customs status to clear their goods.
- The combination of these factors ensures the Group is ideally placed going forward.
- Organic growth is, and continues to be, a prime driver of the Group’s success, reflecting the underlying strength of the business.
- The main drivers of which are:
– Experienced and entrepreneurial divisional management teams
– Fast growing customer base with increased cross-selling opportunities
– Enlarged Group providing enhanced buying power
– Expanded freight management capabilities providing one stop solutions
– Growing e-commerce related activity
- New organic growth areas include: Affinity leasing; the sale of EshopWedrop country franchises; expansion of existing e-commerce relationships; and geographic expansion.
Expansion by acquisition
- The freight management sector is currently fragmented, with a large number of smaller operators.
- This has created an opportunity for Xpediator to act as a consolidator, acquiring smaller players.
- Xpediator’s acquisition strategy is highly selective and transactions are structured to incentivise management teams, whilst protecting Xpediator on the down-side.
- The Board is targeting earnings enhancing acquisitions that fit strategically and add to Xpediator’s capabilities and drive Group-wide efficiencies.
- During 2017 and 2018 Xpediator has successfully completed five acquisitions which collectively have significantly increased the revenues and profitability of the Group.
Our business is about the transportation of goods from one destination to another often across international borders by road, sea and air, we do this by acting as a broker using our scale to achieve competitive prices from hauliers to move our customers goods and earning a commission on each journey organised.
We do not currently own a fleet of trucks; instead we are an asset light business with low fixed overheads, meeting the requirements of our customers by sourcing capacity from the market. This low risk approach has been fundamental to the Company’s success over the last thirty years.
The Group also has +90,000 sqm of warehousing in the UK and Europe used by our customers to provide storage and logistics services and in Romania we provide fuel and toll cards to 12,700 truck drivers as well as roadside assistance and ferry crossing bookings. Also, in Romania, Xpediator operates the Pall-Ex franchise which is a successful national network enabling the swift transport of palletised goods around the country.
The Group is expanding rapidly both organically and by acquisition moving into new markets and adding new services, in particular, developing ecommerce and fulfilment activity and adding new services to hauliers such as truck leasing.