Our retail transportation services division, Import Services Limited is among the leading port-centric retail logistics company in the UK and Europe.
Operating from Southampton and links intelligent networks of retail supply chain services with global real-time information to meet the new world of retailing.
Import Services Limited operates port-centric retail warehousing and store, order process, pre-retail and distribute multi-channel retail orders, right across the UK and Continental Europe.
Due to our location in Southampton our bonded distribution centres allow stock to be held, free of duty and VAT, until sold to Market in the EU or transhipped, to external markets still under bond. Southampton also offers significant protection from the elements, by virtue of the geographical location, naturally sheltered from prevailing winds. Out of the two ports servicing Far East trade, Southampton maintains a great operational track record and benefits from a unique double tide which provides an exceptionally wide tidal window for access by the World’s largest container ships 24/7.
Dedicated UK Distribution and Retail Supply Chain Logistics Centres
- 3 high performance, multi-user Distribution Centres
- Port-centric warehouse distribution from our locations in Southampton
- 52,000 pallet locations operational in Southampton
- CFSP / Bonded storage operations
- Full AEO, IIP accreditation
- Web linked information door to door
- UK / Continental European retailers + B2C served daily
- 5.4 million picks
- 4.4 million cartons
- 254,000 orders
- Over 6,000 containers – 185,000 m3
- 35,000 SKU’s